In everyday life we encounter experiences that more often than make Murphy’s law more and more relevant. Here is a collection of interesting but practical Murphy’s laws of IT that you might find very compelling.
- When computing, whatever happens, behave as though you meant it to happen.
- When you get to the point where your really understand your computer, then it’s probably obsolete.
- The first place to look for information is in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.
- When the going gets tough, upgrade.
- For every action there is an equal and opposite malfunction
- To err is human… to really screw things up royally requires a computer.
- He who laughs last probably made a back-up.
- A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.
- The No. 1 cause of computer problems is computer solutions.
- A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what you want it to do.
Acknowledgments to Internet Humour