Murphy’s Laws Of IT1. When computing, whatever happens, behave as though you meant it to happen.
2. When you get to the point where your really understand your computer, then it’s probably obsolete.
3. The first place to look for information is in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.
4. When the going gets tough, upgrade.
5. For every action there is an equal and opposite malfunction
6. To err is human… to really screw things up royally requires a computer.
7. He who laughs last probably made a back-up.
8. A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.
9. The No. 1 cause of computer problems is computer solutions.
10. A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what you want it to do.
|Acknowledgments to Internet Humour|
Jim’s Expert Advice
Jim Cahill, BE, FCA