Resourceful | Insightful | Logical | Plain talking | Tech friendly | Encouraging | Commercially aware
Your accounts have the potential to tell you so much more than how much profit you made, and how much tax you owe.
Skilled analysis of your accounting data can help you to forecast how your business will perform in the future, to model how opportunities and initiatives might work out, and can even help you to identify new growth opportunities.
But not every business owner finds it easy to learn to make senses of the numbers.
I’m Jim Cahill and I help business owners interpret their financial information so they can make better decisions.
I graduated as an engineer before I switched to accounting. Before I made the switch, I was advised that I would find accounting very difficult. And, I have to admit, accountants don’t always make it easy for non-accountants to understand the accounting information.
Because of that, I am very aware of the difficulties non-accounting people have with accounting jargon.
In fact, the feedback I get most often is that I’m much more understandable and approachable than other accounting and finance professionals my clients have worked with.
I really believe that having good financial support makes it much easier to manage any business.
Here are some of the most common reasons my clients have asked for my help with their business:
- I can’t explain why my business performance is different to what I forecast
- We are busier than ever, but less profitable, and nobody can explain why
- I need projections for my bank manager or investors
- I am not confident in my product costs and worry when quoting or pricing
- Where did the cash go? I’m not sure if I have enough cash to fund my business, even though we make a profit
- Can I afford to take on more staff / buy a new machine / purchase some software
- My accounts are no help to me in running the business
If any of those problems seem familiar to you, give me a call on 086 2323525 and we can discuss how I might be able to help.